Hockey Saskatchewan MEMO: Neck Guards for Officials
By Hockey Saskatchewan
REGINA, Sask. – A memorandum has been issued by Hockey Saskatchewan in regard to mandatory neck guard policy for officials in specified leagues and minor hockey.
- To: Hockey Saskatchewan Registered Officials
- From: Kelly McClintock, General Manager
- Re: Use of Neck Guards
This memorandum is to inform you that the Hockey Saskatchewan Board of Directors have approved a policy that all officials working in leagues where the wearing of a neck guard is required by players, that all officials must also wear a BNQ-certified neck guard.
This policy will be enforced as of Monday, November 20, 2023.
The policy will be effective in all the following Leagues:
- All Minor Co-ed and Female Hockey Games
- All Female Junior Hockey League Games
- All Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League Games
We sincerely appreciate all officials abiding by the new Policy to ensure everyone on the ice in these games are now wearing the same neck protection.