Education Assistance Program
Hockey Saskatchewan shall award a minimum of fourteen (14), $1,000.00 Hockey Education Assistance Grants each hockey season to a maximum of fourteen(14) registered members (male or female) of Hockey Saskatchewan as follows:
- 8 - Regional (zone) members (player, coach or official)
- 1 - U18 AAA registered player
- 1 - Female registered player
- 1 - Junior A, Junior B, Junior C or Senior registered player
- 1 - Saskatchewan Officiating Development Model
- 2 - Registered Officials
The recipients of the grants will be determined by the SHA and will be announced by September 30th of the hockey season.
Each applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Must have been registered for three (3) years.
- Must be a registrant in good standing in with Hockey Saskatchewan
- Must be a graduating Grade 12 student during that year except for:
- Junior A, B, & C players.
- Senior players 20 years of age or under as of December 31st of the current year.
- SODM Officials 20 years of age or under as of December 31st of the current year.
- Must be going to attend a Saskatchewan-based University, affiliate College or Sask PolyTech.
- Must attend an institution within four (4) years to take advantage of the grant.
- Junior A scholarship recipients must attend a Saskatchewan post–secondary institution within one (1) year of completion of their Junior A eligibility in order to receive their scholarship.
- New grant recipients must attend a Saskatchewan post–secondary institute within:
- Four (4) years if application requirement is a graduating Grade 12 student during that year.
- One (1) year, if application requirement is as a player 20 years of age or under as December 31st of the current year.
- Recipients may only be eligible to receive the grant once.
Each applicant will be required to fill out and return an application form (obtained from the Hockey Sask office) on or before August 31st of the hockey season.
Each application form indicates two (2) methods whereby a person may apply. They can apply in the zone where the player’s home address is and/or the division of hockey they play in. An example is a player whose home address is in Zone 1 and plays on a U18 AAA team; the player may apply in Zone 1 and also as a U18 AAA player; or the female player may apply in Zone 1 and also as a Female Player.
The grant will be paid upon proof of enrolment. The proof of enrolment will be in the form of receipts from the educational institution the recipient is attending. The payment, which is to be applied to tuition and the purchase of textbooks, will be made directly to the applicant.
The following people were awarded Hockey Saskatchewan Scholarships for the 2020/21 season;
|Zone 2||Brianna Westerman||Regina|
|Zone 3||Chase Jarman||Climax|
|Zone 4||Jacob Danyluk||Canora|
|Zone 5||Renelle Morelli||Viscount|
|Zone 6||Zachary Zary||Saskatoon|
|Zone 7||Reece Gilbert||Unity|
|Zone 8||Jared Wassill||Zenon Park|
|Under-18 AAA||Ryland Meier||Whitewood|
|Female||Kalli Stegemann||Porcupine Plain|
|Jr. A/B/C/Sr.||Levi Brewer||Eston|
|BF Lorenzetti||Alyssa Ohrt||Milestone|
|Official||Zander Rommelaere||Swift Current|
|Official||Tanner Skene||Prince Albert|
Craig Hartl Memorial Scholarship (Goalie)
On behalf of Don and Kim Hartl of Lake Lenore, Saskatchewan, I would like to announce an opportunity for Goaltenders within the Province who will be graduating from Grade 12 this year to apply for a $1,000 Scholarship to honour the memory of their son Craig Hartl.
Craig was a young man who grew up in Lake Lenore playing hockey and the position he loved, Goaltender. Craig passed away in January, 2018 and his family wishes to honour his memory and love of a Hockey Goaltender by offering an annual scholarship of $1,000.
The criteria for the Scholarship is as follows;
- The candidate must have completed their grade 12, and they will be attending – university, college, or a trade school.
- They must have been registered in Saskatchewan as a goalie for at least 3 years.
- The candidate must be in good standing with Hockey Saskatchewan.
- The student must be an avid volunteer both in the community and in their school.
Please attach two (2) letters of reference with the application. The scholarship will be paid out upon proof of enrollment and acceptance of their chosen post-secondary school. Applicant will be required to fill out and return the application and required documents by March 1 of each year. The Scholarship recipient will be chosen by Don, Kim and Cortney Hartl, Craig’s family.