High Performance 1
2022 National Coaching Certification Program
All Head Coaches that are coaching U15, U18, Junior A teams that compete in Interprovincial or National Championships or the highest level as determined by the Branch, must be High Performance 1 Certified.
This includes Saskatchewan coaches coaching male & female – U15 AA, U15 Prep, U16 Prep, U17 Prep, U18 Prep, U18 AAA, Junior A & Canadian Sports School Hockey League.
2022 Seminar Schedule
Attendance is mandatory for ALL sessions.
- May 25 – Virtual Orientation & Group Session
- May 27 to 29 – HP1 National Virtual Weekend
- June (dates TBD) – Virtual Multi-Sport Modules
- June 10 to 12 – HP1 In-person seminar at Regina
Within one year, the HP1 Written assignment must be completed and passed. Coaches will have two (2) hockey seasons after attending the seminar to be fully certified.
This seminar will be delivered via a combination of three formats; virtual, in-person and recordings.
Background and Eligibility Criteria
The NCCP High Performance I Seminar is historically held every two (2) years in Saskatchewan and is targeted at those coaches who have significant coaching experience and want to pursue High Performance coaching opportunities with competitive athletes.
All coaches applying for NCCP High Performance Level I Certification through this Seminar will be subject to selection by the Hockey Saskatchewan coaching committtee:
Priority will be given to those coaches that are:
- Currently or will be Coaching in the Female & Male programs that require HP1
- Certified at Development 1
NOTE: Not all applicants will necessarily qualify for acceptance to the NCCP High Performance I Seminar
- Field evaluations will only be completed under the minimum guidelines as set forth by Hockey Canada and Hockey Saskatchewan. Must be coaching at U15 AA, U16/U17/U18 Prep, U18 AAA, Junior A, Junior B, U Sports, Team Sask, Sask First and/or Western Hockey League.
- A minimum of 20 delegates required to host this clinic
- A maximum of 36 delegates will be selected to attend this Seminar
|• Leadership in Coaching||• Planning, Teaching and Evaluating Techniques|
|• Physical Preparation||• Player Evaluation and Selection|
|• Power Play||• Penalty Kill|
|• Offensive Team Play||• Defensive Team Play|
|• Goaltending Coaching||• Advanced Skill Analysis|
|• Leading Drug-Free Sport||• Make Hockey Safe|
|• Conflict Management||• Hockey Canada Network APP|
|• Skating Skills||• Shooting & Scoring|
|• Skills||• Developing Defencemen|
Checklist for Seminar Application and Payment Fees
► APPLICATION PROCESS
- Deadline for application is April 20, 2022
- Should you be successful you will be contacted by April 25, 2022 and Full Payment will be due April 30, 2022
- Should you not be successful in the selection, you will be notified by email
► SEMINAR COST
- Seminar Material, HP1 resources
- Practical Evaluations
- Seminar post tasks grading and marking
- Accomodations and meals (other than lunches) are the delegates' responsibility.
- Hockey Sask Branch Coaches: $1,000 (GST included)
- Non-Hockey Sask Branch Coaches: $1,250 (GST included)
► CANCELLATION/REFUND POLICY
- Upon acceptance into the High Performance 1, full payment is due by April 30, 2022
- If full payment is not received your spot will be replaced
- Any cancellation between May 1 and May 5 will be subject to a $250 cancellation fee
- No refunds will be processed following May 6, 2022
► IMPORTANT DATES
- Application deadline – April 20
- Successful notices by – April 25
- Full Payment due by – April 30
- Seminar begins – May 25 (Virtual Orientation)