Senior / U18 Officiating
Officials working at the Senior and U18 levels of hockey will be assigned locally or from league assignors based on on-ice ability, experience, and communication skills. Through the support of the Senior/U18 Officiating Committee officials at these levels should receive coaching and support throughout the season as well as be ranked to work the appropriate games in these leagues.
Officials working senior hockey this season will be assigned games through the Officiating Development Program’s online Arbiter account to help assignors see who is available and pool all officials at this level. The same will be done for provincial games, which will be assigned by the Senior/U18 Officiating Committee.
Arbiter Account Login Link: http://www1.arbitersports.com/Shared/SignIn/Signin.aspx
Senior / U18 Officiating
» Senior / U18 Task Team
» Senior Official Responsibilities
- With their partners; officials will be responsible for administering the rules of the game to ensure it is played in a fair and safe manner for all participants
- High level of understanding rules and procedures will be vital to success of senior officials.
- Confidence in managing a game and developing as an official
- Officials are expected to provide coaching and support for junior and intermediate level officials
- Develop a passion and interest in a professional manner as an official
- Enjoy the game of hockey and role as an official want to come back the following year
- Explore other officiating opportunities through camps and seminars available
» Senior Official Development
- Combination of online modules, classroom/virtual, on-ice experience and in game coaching
- Focused on properly applying the procedures and rules in a professional matter
- Learn from fellow experienced officials and coaches
- Assigned enough games to be challenged at the appropriate levels
» Keys to Development
- Understanding their role as an official in 4-Official systems
- Rule knowledge and proper execution of in-game procedures and duties will be vital to the success of officials
- Understand positioning and hustle to get good sight lines.
- Invest in yourself as an official and take on the challenges of new leagues and camps available
- Understand the importance of controlling what you can control as far as rule knowledge, fitness, skating, attitude etc.
» Support Provided by
- Local Minor Hockey Association (Assignor/League RIC)
- Senior League Assignors/RIC
- Official Coaches
- Grassroots, SODM, Sr./U18 Officiating Committees
- Officiating Development Program