Hockey Saskatchewan MEMO: Call for Female U13 AA and U15 AA Team Applications
By Hockey Saskatchewan
REGINA, Sask. – A memorandum has been issued regarding a call for membership applications for the Saskatchewan Female Hockey League AA (U13/U15).
- To: Hockey Saskatchewan Membership
- From: Kelly McClintock
- Re: Saskatchewan Female Hockey League AA (U13/U15)
The Hockey Saskatchewan Board of Directors have approved the recommendation of the Hockey Saskatchewan AAA/AA Task Team to increase the number of teams in the following age divisions of the Saskatchewan Female Hockey League for the 2023/24 season.
- It is recommended to increase the League from the current ten teams up to twelve or fourteen.
- It is recommended to increase the League from the current eight teams up to twelve.
This Memo is a call for applications from communities who wish to become a member of the League for the fall of 2023 in the U13 AA and U15 AA Leagues.
Applications will be accepted until February 15th, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. and can be submitted online at email@example.com.
Applications must address, at a minimum, the following items:
- Applications must come from the Minor Hockey Association of the sponsoring centre.
- Must provide details of the player base to support the program.
- Must provide a qualified coaching plan including the inclusion of Female coaches.
- January 16, 2023 – Hockey Saskatchewan calls to the Membership, accepting applications with a deadline of February 15, 2023.
- February 16 - March 1, 2023 – Hockey Saskatchewan AAA/AA Committee reviews the applications and makes recommendations to the Board of Directors.
- March 1 - March 15, 2023 – Hockey Saskatchewan Board of Directors reviews the Committee's recommendations and approves inaugural franchises.
- March 16 - April 1, 2023 – Membership is advised of the decision of the Board of Directors.
If you have any questions, please contact me directly.