A program for U9 and U11 aged athletes
The Female Festivals are for U9 and U11 aged girls! This is the first step in our Female Development Progression.
Aligning with Hockey Canada’s Long-Term Athlete Development Plan, the U-9 girls (Female players born in 2013 & 2014) and U-11 (Female players born in 2011 & 2012).
U9 Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD)
During this period players continue to develop motor skills and coordination. Practices sessions should be held twice a week during the season. Ongoing participation in compatible sports is strongly encouraged. The U-9 Skills Program is designed to promote the continued development of physical literacy, fitness, and the basic skills required to play hockey.
U11 Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD)
This stage is the beginning of the most important window to develop the fine motor skills on an individual technical skill basis that leads to utilizing these skills into individual and team tactics later. During this phase, prior to the beginning of the growth spurt, players have the best opportunity to learn and begin to master fine motor skills that can be used in combination with other skills. In most cases, what is learned or not learned in this stage will have a very significant effect on the level of play that is achieved later. Players should be able to begin to transfer skills and concepts from practices to games.
- Two-day camp
- You can register in as many Female Festivals as you wish
- The cost per player is $125 for each Female Festival
Each participant will receive:
- Two (2) ice sessions per day (Saturday/Sunday)
- Female Festival Jersey
- Female Festival T-Shirt
FEMALE FESTIVALS SCHEDULE
- October 23rd and 24th, 2021
- Deadline to Register: October 18th, 2021
- November 6th and 7th, 2021
- Deadline to Register: November 1st, 2021
- Dec 4th and 5th, 2021
- Deadline to Register: November 29th, 2021
- March 5th and 6th, 2022
- Deadline to Register: February 28th, 2022
- March 19th and 20th, 2022
- Deadline to Register March 14th, 2022